Pirate’s Grog are hiring an events team to work on a range of events from food and drink shows, music festivals and local events from May 19 through to December 19. The Pirate’s Grog Rum Bar is a highlight at the UK's top events, so we're on the lookout for someone who can showcase the brand, whilst entertaining customers and managing staff and stock. The rum bar is housed in a 6 metre black and gold octagon tent with bespoke bar, serving a simple menu of 6-8 cocktails, and complete with ‘Pirate’s Grog Bottle Shop’ where event attendees can try a small sample of the rums and purchase bottles and gift sets.
There are two positions available - Event Manager and Assistant Event Manager, see the job description below for role specifics.
All applicants must:
- Have some event management experience
- Have some cocktail bar experience
- Sales experience
- Hold a full driving licence and be confident driving a large van full of equipment
- Be strong and able to rig a 6 metre tent with bespoke bar, lighting, sound and decorations (training will be given at the first event, if not before)
- Be confident, friendly and a good communicator. During event days it is key that the customer service is of the highest calibre and everyone is welcomed into the bar and given a positive and memorable experience
- Be prepared to work longer days when required to ensure the job is finished
Event Manager (EM) Duties
- Rigging the tent, bar, lighting & sound equipment
- Stock taking
- Responsible for all equipment and stock
- Cash handling
- 5 Star presentation of the brand at all times
The ideal Event Manager will be extremely organised and able to carry out stock takes before, during and after each event. All stock will become the responsibility of the event manager, so regular checks and records are essential.
Each day there will be a cash up and the breakdown of card payments and cash will be recorded in a spreadsheet, and measured against targets. Daily reporting into PGHQ to cover any queries, issues and feedback is also expected.
Recruitment of bar staff local to the area two weeks prior to the event will be a responsibility of the EM and will be carried out in conjunction with staff at PGHQ. The EM will be required to train the staff before the event opens, which will include teaching them about the brand, how to make each cocktail, how to support the shop staff, how to use the tills and general practice.
The EM will also be expected to ensure the highest standard are upheld at all time so an eye for detail and the upmost cleanliness are a must. The brand must be presented in the best way possible at all times.
There will be a full day of rigging before the start of each event and then a de-rig on either the final show day or the following day. There will be a lot of driving to and from events involved so must be happy to travel and stay in hotels.
Someone passionate about spirits or rum specifically (ideally a pirate) would be a bonus!
Approx £2000 per month + bonuses
Assistant Event Manager (AEM) Duties
- Aiding with EM duties
- Rigging and break down of each event
- Strong sales background
- A people person that enjoys communicating and entertaining
- Recording and analysing sales targets specifically for the shop sales
- Strive to beat the targets set form the year before
- Able to train and monitor staff members employed to work on the shop
- Ensure that the display looks perfect at all times
- 5 Star presentation of the brand at all times
As well as assisting the Event Manager with all the duties above, particularly the setup and break down of each event, the AEM will head up the ‘Pirate’s Grog Bottle Shop.’ They will be responsible for managing a separate stock pile, designated as ’shop and shop sampling stock’.
They will also be required to train any members of staff employed to work on the shop and ensure the display is neat and ‘looks as new’ at all times.
They will have a general understanding of how everything runs so they can support the EM as and when needed and cover breaks.
The most important characteristic for this role is to be very confident and entertaining, yet respectful and a brilliant communicator with sales targets in mind.
Sales targets will be set for each event based on past performance and the AEM will be responsible for recording and analysing the shop targets pre and post event.
The AEM should hold a full driving licence and be confident in driving a large van.
Approx £1600 per month + bonuses
Applications must include an up to date CV and cover letter explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for the role. Please specify which role you're applying for and send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicants will start 29th April and will need to be available for a couple of days of training in April (paid).