This has been a staple cocktail at the Pirate's Grog rum bar (previously under the Long John name) for around 5yrs. It's consistently been the No.1 selling cocktail and highlights just how popular the passion fruit flavour is when used correctly.
*We've added links to each of the ingredients on Amazon, but you can find things such as limes, sugar syrup and Prosecco/soda water in your local shop. Prosecco makes it sweeter/dryer or alternatively soda water lengthens the drink, making it more mellow.
**To make your own sugar syrup just add 1 part boiling water to 1 part plain white sugar. ie. 500ml boiling water and 500g sugar will make around 750ml of sugar syrup. When you pour the boiling water on the sugar stir continuously until the sugar has fully dissolved.
1. Add 50ml Pirate's Grog 5yr, 10ml passion fruit syrup, 25ml Passoa, 3 drops of vanilla essence, squeeze in half a lime and add 15ml sugar syrup to a cocktail shaker
2. Add plenty of ice to the shaker, close and shake hard
3. Using a strainer, strain into a glass over ice
4. Top the drink using either Prosecco of soda water. Prosecco will make the drink sweeter and dryer, soda water will lengthen and mellow out the drink.
5. Garnish with a 1/4 lime wedge
And that's it. Invite over your friends and impress them with these new skills ;-)
Send us your pictures on Facebook and Instagram and we'll repost on the Pirate's Grog pages.